
Well yesterday was a work day of course and I could not wait to go home. Sherri and I were going to head to the Verizon Store to see about an Air Card. I have been talking about this for some time now and finally made my mind up to get the Verizon AC. Everyone has said that they have one and how good it is. So Sherri and I headed out as soon as I got home to see about what this was going to cost and what they had to offer.
I had been reading about a new AC that just came out that had an antenna attachment and a port for a memory card. It was $75.00 with a $50.00 rebate...not bad I guess??? Well when I got to the store and started shopping around I talked the salesman into giving me a much better deal...like a $75.00 rebate and I would buy it right then and there. When I left I had an AC and no idea what to do with it. You know the old story...installing it....its as easy and falling off a log.
Well after getting home and reading the instructions it all became as clear as mud. I must have been glued to that log cause I never fell off of it? What is the deal...you follow each and every step down the line and then it says the program should load up by itself when you press "next"....NOT. Here is and example of the instructions with this device...
Place the CD in the computer and it will step you through the application. When the DFRT comes up on the GHJT you will see the RTWZ start to Jibulate on the Augustome Torque Butalator. Put the pass code in that you will find in the Battery case enclosure under MIDO unit stabilizer. Put your left index finger in your right ear and twirl around and make monkey sounds while you grab your butt with the other hand. This will upload all the needed software to your Download Gitzerbaldin and then just click on the ICON that is now on your Desktop. If you don't see the ICON on your desktop call this number #$^&*^#%^& and speak to the guy with the Indian accent that you will never be able to understand and get him to walk you through the process once again which is sure to end in total failure. Somewhere along this line of instruction you will fall off that log crying for help from anyone who will listen.
OK now that you have that picture embedded in your mind you can see where I was last night as I worked feverishly to get this loaded up. Yes a call to Dortha was made and she sympathized with me but went to Wally World anyway...Bob and John said it is as easy as falling off a log....there they go with that log bit...I guess they have never seen me sit a log before. As things would have it... through the tears and anguished looks I guess I must have made the computer feel sorry for me and it loaded the software by itself without my help. I am not sure if I am operating this system legally or not but it is up and running. Tonight I get to set up the Cradlepoint....now that should be another journal entry ....
Somewhere in Time.
9 comments:
Just think, once you get the cradlepoint hooked up and working you will be on your way to becoming a geek! Hang in there, some things become easier to do after a while, and others don't and never will!
gypsy
I can only hope you have as much fun installing the cradlepoint stuff as I had reading your blog. I have a cradlepoint router and I don't remember it being that difficult but then I don't have your way with words.
oh my god Speedy i just about wet my pants when I read this. Good luck with Cradle point.
Miss you guys
Brenda
Oh wow Speedy, Brenda told me to be sure I read this blog today, wonder why.. You are too much. Actually I would have been in the same boat as you.. When I bought the verizon air card I brought my computer with me and THEY installed it for me....
I have all the faith in the world that you will get all of this equipment up and running. Just remember your best bud did it all by himself. No help from anyone!
See you cyberspace.
Dortha
This is why I love reading your blog, I need a good laugh every now and then. Good luck with the cradlepoint. jaryahur
Stay Safe
sure is good having you back online and staying in chat! Congrats on a job well done.
Speedy, I just looked at my usage of the AT&T air card, which starts a new month on Apr. 6. I used just under 2000MB out of 5000MB. So, say if you would use 2000 and Sherri uses 2000, you are well within the limit. I check my usage almost daily, and especially if I have been on a website I think might use a lot of data time. I think if you can check it often the first couple of months, you will get a feel for what you will be able to do. Good luck with it. I love mine, so far.
gypsy
Don't feel bad Joe, I had to call tech support to get mine "interfaced" using a program called "3D Watch". Huh, whatd he say?
Post a Comment